In this episode, Dr. Bubbs interviews the Director of the Public Health Collaboration a charity dedicated to informing and implementing healthy decisions for better public health. Sam has brought together a group of leading doctors and nutritionists in the United Kingdom to tackle obesity and type-2 diabetes, which costs 16 billion UK pounds to treat every year.
1) Pre-diabetes impacts 50% of the population in America and 40% of the population in the United Kingdom.
2) You can reverse type-2 diabetes via diet, exercise and lifestyle changes
3) The common breakfast cereals contain roughly 8 teaspoons of sugar per serving.
1) If weight loss and better health is your goal, and you regularly snack throughout the day…. STOP! (It’s an easy win!)
2) Low-carb, high-fat diets have NEVER been outperformed by the standard diet recommended by the Diabetes Associations (i.e. low-fat).
3) Surgeries from complications of diabetes – blindness and foot amputations – are tragic and incredibly costly to the healthcare system.
Sam has his morning coffee with full-fat milk (but no breakfast).
About Sam Feltham
Director of the Public Health Collaboration (PHC), a charity dedicated to informing and implementing healthy decisions for better public health. Prior to this, Sam studied at the European Institute of Fitness to qualify as a Master Personal Trainer. From there he became a personal trainer in London, England and launched a national fitness boot camp business called Smash The Fat Fitness & Fat Loss Boot Camps. Sam’s major definite purpose in life is to help as many people as possible obtain and maintain a healthy lifestyle.