In episode 47, Dr. Bubbs sits down with one of the greatest female athletes in Canadian history, 2x Olympic gold medalist and World Rugby Hall of Famer Heather Moyse. In this episode Heather discusses achieving your true potential by owning your story, overcoming obstacles, shaking off disbelievers, and shifting your perspective so you can believe, plan and pursue your dreams. Heather says “it’s not about the guarantees, it’s about the possibilities!” and shares actionable tips in this episode to help you achieve your potential.
Lay-Ups From This Episode
1) Heather’s motto: "Believe. Plan. Pursue"
2) When pursuing any dream or goal, Heather says “it’s not about the guarantees. It’s about the possibilities!”
3) Own your story… you’re capable of much more than you give yourself credit for.
Performance Tips in This Episode
1) Excuses reveal priorities.
2) Potential is genetic, but speed and power are skills that must be developed from that potential—and that takes work.
3) “Come from away” – see things from different perspective to find the ideal solution.
Heather’s morning black tea
About Heather Moyse
A 3-time Olympian and 2-time Olympic gold medalist, Heather Moyse has been described as Canada’s best ever all-round female athlete, making Canadian history on home soil at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics winning Canada’s first-ever gold medal. Heather has also represented Canada in international competition in track cycling and on the National Senior Women’s Rugby team in 22 international rugby games and the 2013 Rugby Sevens World Cup in Moscow, Russia. Heather was inducted into the World Rugby Hall of Fame – the only Canadian female and only second Canadian to receive that honour, joining the likes of Johnny Wilkinson and Nelson Mandela