In this episode, Dr. Bubbs connects with Keith Norris, former competitive athlete, elite strength and conditioning expert and serial entrepreneur in the health and wellness space, co-founding the largest Paleo conference in the world, Paleo f(x). Keith discusses the hurdles he's overcome, his "secrets" to success and the ONE things all entrepreneurs need. He also dives into his 3 principles of training, training and nutrition tips to "look good naked", if diet is enough in today's world, and gives you a glimpse into his daily routine. Keith walks the walk... So listen up...you may just transform your life!
"Lay-Ups" in This Episode (simple, easy, actionable items)
1) Secrets to "start-up" success:
- Know yourself - define your strengths, know your weaknesses (and develop a team to support areas of weakness)
- Build relationships
- Find your passion (i.e. know your "why")
2) Training - consistency is key (don't get distracted by novelty).
3) Sleep is nature's BEST "nootropic" (brain support) for cognition, memory and mental clarity. Before you add supplemental nootropics, make sure your sleep is on point.
Performance "Hacks" From This Episode
1) Creatine with clients as a physical and mental performance aid. It's incredibly safe, cheap and the evidence-based research is clear...it works!
2) Keith's 3 training principles to "look good naked":
- Lift something heavy
- Continuous, low-intensity movement
3) The "only" reason Keith succeeded is because he truly believed in his underlying "passion". Find YOUR passion!
Keith's Daily Coffee Ritual - 3 cups x 5 oz each (between 8am & noon), brewed at home in a Jura Impressa machine with beans from local Austin roasters.
Keith's "Butter Coffee Shots" - take a big bite of grass-fed butter + chase with a shot of coffee (and enjoy the weird looks from friends!)
Keith Norris is a former competitive athlete, and elite strength and conditioning expert with over 35 years of experience. Aa a tireless entrepreneur in the health and wellness space, he is the co-founder of the largest Paleo conference in the world, Paleo f(x). As well, Keith is a partner in one of the most innovative lines of boutique training studios in the nation, Efficient Exercise. He’s also a partner in ARXFit training equipment, and a founding member of ID Life. In his spare time, he authors one of the top fitness blogs in the health and wellness sphere, Theory To Practice.