In episode 50, Dr. Bubbs chats with CEO of Oura Health Petteri Lahtela to discuss their ground-breaking new technology in sleep monitoring, the Oura sleep ring. Petteri discusses his entrepreneurial background, how the Oura can measure heart rate, body temperature, sleep stages and heart variability and how this data can inform your decision-making on the diet, exercise, recovery, lifestyle front.
Lay-Ups In This Episode
1) Sleep – You should aim for 7-9 hours per night
2) Blue-light at night significantly impairs restorative REM sleep
3) Wearable tech may help you make more informed decisions with respect to lifestyle changes.
Performance Tips From This Episode
1) Oura ring can provide longitudinal and validated data on sleep quality to inform decision-making on the diet, exercise, recovery, lifestyle front.
2) In women, body temperature can a measure used to track hormonal cycle, in conjuction with other biomarkers.
3) HRV data can help provide rolling averages to assess autonomic and parasympathetic activity/recovery in clients.
SPECIAL OFFER: Enter Promo Code 'DRBUBBS' at checkout for $100 off your purchase of an Oura Ring.
Petteri’s occasional coffee and intermittent fasting
About Petteria Lahetela
Petteria Lahetela is the CEO and co-founder of OURA Health Ltd, developers of the Oura Ring, the worlds most advanced wearable for getting more restorative sleep, empowering you to see how your lifestyle impacts your body and mind.