In this episode, Dr. Bubbs sits down with successful entrepreneur, fashion leader and Canada's most influential sneakerhead Jason Burke to talk about the similarities between sports and start-up life, setting goals to reverse-engineer success, how he overcame significant life and business challenges to succeed, as well as his nutrition, exercise and napping habits that fuel his creativity and productivity. Jason shares some simple, actionable and insightful take-aways to upgrade your mindset and success.
1) Movement – Even if you’re an early riser, start your day with movement to boost creativity.
2) Goals - start with your long-term goal (i.e 10 years from now) and work backwards to lay out the best path for your career.
3) Community – Jason’s peers growing up were all driven high-performers, which fueled his desire to perform. Surround yourself with like-minded people.
1) Chunking Tasks – in 3-hour intervals throughout the day
2) Naps – Like many productive “early-riser” entrepreneurs, Jason takes a 20-30 minute power nap in the afternoon.
3) Mindset – Let go of your entrepreneurial fear, jump in with both feet
No coffee. Hydration upon rising.
About Jason Burke
Canada’s Most Influential Sneakerhead in the sneaker revolution, a culture that has shaped his world, feeding his competitive nature through team sport, lifting him through the trials of being singled out, building a platform for his creative vision in trend and style, and leading himon a global career that has connected him to an incredible network of like-minded revolutionaries.
Jason provides his unique lens on culture, forecasting trends, and carefully curated collection via his website and company snkrbox.