In this episode, Dr. Bubbs sits down with elite strength coach Clance Laylor to talk about his journey to training professional athletes. Coach Clance digs into his personalized system for building high level strength, power and speed in athletes: his use of Olympic lifts, sprints and exercise selection. He shares what he’s learned along the way, dispels training myths, and shares some of his daily morning movement and writing habits. Clance shares some great insights in this episode, so make sure to take notes!
"Lay-Ups" From This Episode (simple, easy, actionable items)
1) To develop fundamental mobility and flexilbity develop your capacity in the “Muscle Snatch to Overhead Squat” (link - https://athleteactivation.com/msohs/dlm17s3o08s/)
2) Train in an environment with intensity and competition
3) Put your head down and work
"Performance Hacks" in This Episode
1) Clance’s athletes olympic lift every session
2) Clance sprint days – Acceleration, Endurance, Specialty
Clance’s French Press and always Early Morning Movement
About Clance Laylor
Clance Laylor is the founder of the Athlete Activation System Strength Coaches Certification, a complex, systematically periodized athletic development approach that has maximized the performance of elite athletes from a variety of sports.
Clance is a secret weapon of top Olympians, competitive athletes, coaches, and driven professionals alike. Laylor’s reputation as a tough, no-nonsense Trainer skyrocketed with the success of his young client P.K. Subban, star defenceman of the Nashville Predators and winner of the coveted Norris Trophy and Olympic Gold at Sochi in 2014.